Thursday, May 12, 2011

Two Peas: The Color of Light

Week three has us playing with white balance.  This was one of the first things I learned about when I bought my Dslr, and have been shooting mostly in custom anyway.  That said, I have just been using custom, but didn't know to use a piece of white paper to CREATE that custom balance.  Wow.



I took these in my dining room, where I take a lot of my (fairly poor) food photography under the overhead light in there.

Auto white balance; forgot to turn on the light above.

f/20, 1/15s.  Auto white balance

f/20, 1/5s.  Auto white balance.  I remembered what I'd learned about exposure metering.  Much better.

f/20, 1/5s.  Tungsten white balance


f/5, 1/100s.  Custom white balance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on my "bad photography!"